Fridays are a great time to think of how you can enjoy the coming weekend. Steph Langdon of Nutrishus listed the following suggestions on how you can better enjoy the weekend.
- Donate items (such as clothes, books, etc.) to organizations (such as Community Living, the Opportunity Shop, etc.) – if I’m not using it, someone else should
- Set things aside to see how often I use them – last winter I cleaned out the kitchen and put a box of items in storage, a few months later when I hadn’t needed them I donated them or gave them to friends who had uses for them since I obviously didn’t
- Change gift giving traditions – my husband and I often try to purchase experiences or save up for a trip in lieu of gifts and on one side of our family we either only purchase a Christmas gift for one individual or all chip in and donate to a specific cause/charity rather than buying more stuff
- Go through my closet every few months to see what I haven’t worn in awhile and decide whether to start wearing it, alter it, or donate it
- Clear papers out of my office and attempt to do more things on my computer
- Go through drawers and get rid of pens that don’t even work anymore
- Make extra at supper so that we can enjoy leftovers for lunches
- Plan out my weekly groceries so that I get what I need and will use
- Prep for a few meals when I do get a chance to be in the kitchen
Visit his blog and learn more on how you can simplify your life and make the weekends more meaningful.
The post Enjoy the Weekend appeared first on Golden Valley Natural Blog.