We all know that beef jerky makes a great snack. But you can also swap it into any recipe that calls for meat for an out-of-the-box jerky experience. Here are a couple of our favorites:
Jerky Chopped Salad
1 bag of Golden Valley Natural Beef Jerky, Buffalo Jerky or Turkey Jerky
1 pound fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped into small pieces
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup carrots
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut Golden Valley Natural Beef Jerky, Buffalo Jerky or Turkey Jerky into 1/4-inch pieces.
2. Rinse and chop spinach, cherry tomatoes, carrots, yellow pepper and avocado.
3. In a large bowl, combine the jerky, vegetables and cheese.
5. Drizzle the vinaigrette dressing over and add freshly ground pepper.
4. Toss and serve!
Loaded Jerky Potato
1 ounce Golden Valley Natural Buffalo Jerky, Original
1 large baked potato, flesh scooped out
1/4 cup steamed broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the scooped potato flesh with the Golden Valley Natural Buffalo Jerky, broccoli, Cheddar, cream cheese and seasoning with a fork.
3. Stuff the potato with the filling. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
4. Top with melted butter.
Try these recipes and let us know what you think. Have your own recipe? Share it in the comments below!